The Tamil Nadu government is waiting for the launch of the Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme with an aim to improve the menstrual hygiene of women. The main concern is for poor women in urban areas and they are being offered free sanitary napkins. The state government has examined the proposal made by the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine for the welfare of women in the state. Now no poor woman will be required to use dirty clothes during menstruation. Read on to know more about other details of this scheme, which will help the beneficiaries to avail the benefits easily.
Overview of Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
|Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
|Women of urban areas in Tamil Nadu
|Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
|Free Sanitary Napkins
|Tamil Nadu Govt. Scheme
Tamil Nadu Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
Under the TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme, the state government will provide free sanitary napkins to government school girls in Tamil Nadu urban areas. Apart from this, women inpatients in government medical institutions will also be given free sanitary pads under the menstrual hygiene program, which will take care of the complete sanitation of women. The Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme, being implemented in rural areas in Tamil Nadu for almost 9 years, will now be expanded to urban areas at a cost of Rs 44 crore. Because there are many women in the urban area also, who are unable to take Sanitary Napkin when they are financially weak, for which the scheme has been implemented in the urban area by the government.
Features of TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
If interested women of the state want to know about the features of this scheme, then they have to follow the following steps-
- Main idea of scheme launch- The main idea of scheme launch is to offer free sanitary pads to women in urban areas, for which sanitation is being taken care of by the state government.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme- Women belonging to rural areas will be able to take advantage of this scheme to help maintain menstrual hygiene, so that they will not have trouble taking care of hygiene.
- Extension of the scheme- The free sanitary pad scheme will be extended for 9 years and a budget of Rs 44 crore has been prepared for this, which has proved to be beneficial for women.
- Total Financial Assistance- The state government has given a total of Rs 34.74 crore along with Rs 9.4 crore for successful implementation of the scheme and sanitary pads have been offered to a wide range of women in different age groups.
Pads Delivery Procedure
Interested women who want to get information about Pads Delivery Procedure, then they have to follow the steps given below-
- As per the TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme rules in Tamil Nadu, sanitary pads given to girls will be allotted directly to government schools.
- After sanitary pad allocation, an acknowledgment will be given by the urban nurse from the Department of Health.
- According to the scheme, health nurses in the urban area were given the responsibility of visiting ICDS with Anganwadi workers every Saturday.
- Girls who are not part of schools will be provided with health kits by urban health nurses and Anganwadi workers.
- According to this scheme, kits will also be provided by health nurses to post-natal mothers, so that sanitation of post-natal mothers can also be taken care of.
- The above scheme in Tamil Nadu will cover around 1,000 health centres in metro cities including other schools in the state.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme Dignity Kits
Interested women who want to get information about TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme Dignity Kits, have to follow the steps given below-
- Students will be provided with dignity kit under TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme.
- The kit will have sanitary pads and other hygienic, which will help local women and girls living in rural areas and some urban areas.
- This dignity kit will help in offering general hygiene to urban women.
- The objective of this scheme is to help women maintain proper hygiene at their productive age.
TN Free Sanitary Napkin Eligibility Criteria
To avail of this scheme, you have to fulfil the given eligibility criteria as follows-
- Residential details – When the scheme is started in Tamil Nadu, only permanent residents of the state will be eligible for the scheme.
- Income Statement – Women or girls who want to get free sanitary pads, they are required to submit a suitable income statement of their family.
- Age limit– To avail this scheme, a certain age limit has been fixed, according to which it is necessary for women from urban areas to be 10 to 49 years to get free napkins.
The beneficiaries who want to apply under this scheme, have to fulfil the requirements of the following documents-
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
Apply Online for TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme
The scheme is to be launched by the state government, so the higher authority has not suggested any method of application. Apart from this, no portal has been launched for the scheme. If the portal will be launched for this scheme, you will be notified. The benefit of this scheme is being provided to women by the workers of this scheme, which has not started any online process yet. When any online process for this scheme comes, you will be notified through our website.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to TN Free Sanitary Napkin Scheme beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.