Every year due to some natural calamity farmers suffer crop losses. In order to tackle this problem, the government launches various Insurance Schemes. Today through this article we are going to tell you about YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme. By reading this article you will grab all the important information regarding the Scheme like what is YSR free crop Insurance Scheme? its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, etc. So if have the interest to grab every single detail regarding this Scheme then have to read this article very carefully till the end.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Key Highlights
|Name of the scheme||YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of Andhra Pradesh|
|Objective||To provide insurance cover on the crops|
|Launched on||15th December 2020|
|Number of beneficiaries||9.48 lakh|
|Amount of insurance||Rs 1252 crore|
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The chief minister of Andhra Pradesh has launched YSR Crop Insurance Scheme. Under this scheme crop Insurance will provide to the farmers for the loss of all the notified crops due to natural calamities. There will be around 22 notified crops. This crop Insurance will be free of cost. Previously the farmers were required to pay a high premium amount in order to take benefits of the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme. Under this scheme, the farmers require to only pay Re 1 in order to enroll themselves in this Scheme. For the farmers who have lost crops during Kharif 2020, the government is going to pay them the claim amount.
The chief minister of Andhra Pradesh YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy is going to credit this amount directly into the bank account of the beneficiaries. This claim amount will be Rs 1820.23 crore and around 15 lakh farmers will get benefit from it.
Payment Released Under Free Crop Insurance Scheme
Today on 25th May, Tuesday Telugu’s CM YS Jaganmohan Reddy has made a big announcement regarding the Free Crop Insurance Scheme initiated by him in the state of Telugu. A big announcement has been made by the state government regarding the compensation offered to the eligible farmers of the scheme. It has been told that compensation of Rs.1820.23 crore in the accounts of 15.15 lakh eligible farmers for the Kharif-2020 season under the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme has been released. CM has transferred the free crop insurance cash through a computer from his office in Tadepalli, Guntur district. Addressing its people CM said that he is working on another scheme that will be beneficial for the farmers.
- It was stated that around Rs. 3900 crore have been already deposited in the farmer’s account in the last month under this scheme. For a state where 60% of the people are engaged in agriculture activities, this scheme provides a guarantee to the farmer in tough times.
- It is mentioned that the government is providing aid of Rs.1820.23 crore to 15.15 lakh farmers who suffered crop losses last year. CM told that they have also released an amount of Rs.715 crore for 2018-19 insurance arrears and also Rs.1253 crore for 2019-20 free crop insurance compensation which was neglected by the past governments.
- A big decision was made which stated that the state government would bear the losses caused to farmers due to the destruction of Kharif crops in the same season they arrived. the state government has set up village secretariats for every 2000 people in the state and around 10,778 RBKs are formed. This scheme is helping farmers without burdening them. This scheme provides insurance for 21 types of crops.
Claim Amount Paid Till Now
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has also paid a crop Insurance premium of Rs 122.61 crore for 2018-19 Rabi which was kept pending by the TDP government. This premium was paid on 26 June 2020. After that around Rs, 596.26 crores is paid to 5.94 lakh farmers and for Kharif 2019 Andhra Pradesh Government has paid Rs 468 crore. From 2016 To 2020 the number of farmers insured under the Scheme has increased.
- In 2016-17, 17.79 lakh farmers has insured.
- In 2017-18, 18.22 lakh farmers has insured.
- Then in 2018-19, 24.83 lakh farmers have insured but in 2019-20 the number of farmers enrolled under the crop Insurance Scheme has increased to 49.50 lakh.
- Now In 2020-21, 15.15 Lakh farmers have insured.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Rythu Bharosa Kendras
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has established 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendra which is integrated with the village secretariat in order to benefit the farmers under AP Free Crop Insurance Scheme. Considering the Nivar cyclone the details of Crop loss will be displayed at rythu Bharosa Kendra with the village secretariat. The compensation to the farmers would be paid by 31st December 2020. These details will also be available for social audit and all those farmers who are missing from this list will get enrolled in Rythu Bharosa Kendra by the government.
Financial help by government
In a video conference with farmers, Minister K Kannababu, Chelluboyina Venugopala Krishna, AP Agri Mission Vice-Chairman VMS Nagi Reddy, and concerned officials informed that for all the crop that is lost during 2020 insurance cover will be paid in May 2021. There will be no delay in the payment. As soon as the planning department submits the report the amount of insurance will be paid to them. The Andhra Pradesh government is also going to purchase germinated and discolored crops at the graded MSP so that no farmer of the state suffers a financial loss.
Objective of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
The main objective of the Scheme is to provide insurance cover on crops to all the farmers of the state. Through this scheme, all the natural calamities like heavy rains, droughts, cyclones, etc will be covered. For the crops lost due to these natural calamities, the government is going to provide financial cover. Through this scheme, the farmers are not required to pay any premium amount. This will protect them from the financial burden. The implementation of the Scheme will also bring transparency to the system.
Benefits and Features of YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
- Through YSR Crop Insurance the Government of Andhra Pradesh is going to provide Crop Insurance to the farmers.
- This scheme has launched on 15 December 2020.
- Under this scheme crop loss due to natural calamities will cover.
- There are around 22 notified crops that cover under the Scheme
- This Scheme will be free of cost.
- The farmers do not require to pay any premium in order to take benefit of this scheme
- The enrollment cost for the scheme is only Rs one
- Under YSR free Crop Insurance the government is going to pay the claim amount by directly crediting the amount to farmer’s Bank
- The government is going to pay Rs 1252 crore under the Scheme
- Through this scheme around 9.48 lakh, farmers will get the benefit
- Around 49.80 lakh farmers have enrolled in this Scheme
- Around 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendras will help in the implementation of the Scheme
- All the crops that have lost during the 2020 claim amount will pay on them in the Month of May 2021
- This scheme is going to cover around 56 lakh hectares of land
Eligibility Criteria & required documents of YSR free Crop Insurance
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Application procedure of YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme
If you want to apply for YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme when you require to follow the steps given below:-
- First of all, go to the official website of the department of agriculture, the government of Andhra Pradesh
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage, you require to click on Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
- Now application form will appear before you
- In the application form, you require to enter all the important details like your name, email ID, mobile number, address, etc
- After that, you have to upload all the required documents
- Now you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can apply for YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?