Being close to Pongal, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy has announced an incredible package for the people of the state and it was announced in December 2020. Tamil Nadu Government is offering Rs 2500 to rice cardholders at TN Pongal Hamper. Here, you are going to get an idea about Hamper. Pongal is celebrated with great pomp across the state in January, when the auspicious time “Thai” begins, when marriages are held and new businesses are started. Speaking in the Irupali district, the Chief Minister said that the cash, as well as the Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper, would be distributed from January 4, 2021, through fair price shops.
Highlights of TN Pongal Hamper
|Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper
|Tamil Nadu Govt.
|Tamil Nadu Govt. Schemes
TN Pongal Hamper 2021
Allocation of Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper issued by the Tamil Nadu government will start from the month of January. Financial assistance will be provided to the rice cardholders through a hamper provided by the state government. The amount given by the government as financial assistance will be Rs 2500, under which the rice cardholders will get relief. This year, the government has given Rs 1,000 and a TN Pongal Hamper to the material used to make sweet Pongal. Prior to the distribution of the goods at fair price shops, the government will issue a token to the beneficiaries at its doorstep, which will specify the date and time of receiving the gift hampers.
The purpose of Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper 2021
We know that due to the lock-down of Coronavirus in our country many people had lost their jobs and many people did not even have home ration. In such a situation the citizens of the country had to face a lot of problems. In view of this problem, Tamil Nadu Government has issued Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper 2021, under which financial assistance is being provided to the citizens of the state. The main objective of giving TN Pongal Hamper is to provide financial assistance to the rice cardholders of the state. Under this subsidy, rice cardholders will be provided financial assistance of Rs 2500. The government-provided Pongal Hamper 2021 will contain one kg of raw rice, one kg of sugar, one piece of sugarcane, 20 grams of cashew nuts, 20 grams of dried grapes and 5 grams of cardamom.
Features of Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper
- This year, due to the outbreak of Covid-19 many people of the state lost their jobs, along with the state faced climate crisis. Therefore, the government is trying to help the people by giving financial help to the poor.
- Under TN Pongal Hamper, Tamil Nadu government will provide financial assistance of Rs 2,500 to each of the rice card holders.
- According to the record, there are 2.06 crore beneficiaries in the state of Tamil Nadu, who have a rice card and will be provided with a gift hamper.
- Distribution work will be started from January 4, 2021. Apart from the money, the beneficiaries will also be provided dhoti and saree for free.
- The state government will provide 1000 rupees and ingredients for Pongal sweets. The ingredients also include 20 grams of cashew and raisins, raw rice grains, 8 grams of cardamom and a sugarcane.
- This material given by the government will be distributed from the fair price shop and the material will be provided in the cloth bag itself.
Pongal Hamper 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To avail of this scheme, you have to fulfil the given eligibility criteria as follows-
- TN Pongal Hamper provided by the Government of Tamil Nadu will be provided only to the people of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- To avail the Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper, a citizen of the state must be a rice card holder.
- Rice Card – A rice card will be required as a document to collect items and money.
Application Process for Obtaining Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper
We know that recently Tamil Nadu Pongal Hamper has been announced, the government has not released anything yet. The process of allocating TN Pongal Hamper will be started on 4 January 2021. In the present situation, you will have to wait a bit. Pongal is a festival celebrated in Tamil Nadu. The festival is celebrated in January and is a Tamil month-long festival when marriages take place. This is a very good month for the people of the state of Tamil Nadu and that is why the people of the state celebrate together, but the people of the state of Tamil Nadu have already suffered a lot especially the marginal people, and this is why the government is trying to help the people.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Pongal Hamper 2021 beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.