Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist 15 January 2020
1. HOBNOB (VERB):(मित्रता करना ) mix socially, especially with those of perceived higher social status.
Synonyms: socialize, associate with
Antonyms: live alone, disassociate
Nowadays he is hobnobbing with avant-garde musicians.
2. STASH (NOUN): (छिपाने की जगह ) store (something) safely in a hidden or secret place.
Synonyms: cache, inventory
Antonyms: debt, lack
He got down to brass tacks in keeping the stash fulfilled.
3. ENTWINE (VERB): (गुथना) wind or twist together; interweave.
Synonyms: coil, entangle
Antonyms: unwind, untwist
The twins lay entwined in each other’s arms.
4. REVELRY (NOUN): (मद्यपान का उत्सव) merrymaking, lively and noisy festivities,
Synonyms: festivity, celebration
Antonyms: mourning, sadness
I called the police when my neighbors refused to settle down and end their revelry.
5. CLANNISH (ADJECTIVE): (खानदानी ) (of a group or their activities) tending to exclude others outside the group.
Synonyms: selected, reserved
Antonyms: welcoming, open
Celebrities believe in wearing clannish dresses.
6. RHETORIC (NOUN): ( वक्रपतुता ) an art of effective speech
Synonyms: hyperbole, oratory
Antonyms: quiet, conciseness
Our Principal is rhetoric, and of late he has toned it down.
7. DISCONCERTINGLY (ADVERB): (चिंताजनक ) shakeup, confuse
Synonyms: agitate, embarrass
Antonyms: assist, soothe, encourage
He had a disconcerting habit of offering jobs to people he met at dinner parties.
8. BELIE (VERB): (झुठलाना) fails to give a true impression of something, contradict
Synonyms: contradict, negate
Antonyms: approve, endorse
The quality of the music seems to belie the criticism.
9. ORDAINED (VERB): (ठहराया) make someone a priest or minister
Synonyms: appointed, determined, ordered
Equal punishment was ordained for the two crimes.
10. MAYHEM (NOUN): (हाथापाई) violent and extreme order
Synonyms: chaos, disorder, havoc
Antonyms: calm, peace, harmony
With 20 kids around, and only me to supervise, it was complete mayhem.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?