The government of Sikkim has implemented several initiatives to enhance the well-being of women, including a newly introduced program designed specifically for nonworking mothers. Known as Aama Yojana 2023, this program was developed by Sikkim’s Chief Minister Prem Sing Tamang to support mothers who do not work outside the home. The state government now provides assistance to nonworking mothers residing in Sikkim. In this section, we will provide you with essential information about Aama Yojana, including its objectives, eligibility criteria, and application process.
Aama Yojana Sikkim Overview
|Name of the scheme||Sikkim Aama yojana 2023|
|Launch by||Prem Singh Tamang, CM of Sikkim|
|Benefit for||Help Nonworking mothers|
|launched on||5th October 2022|
|Website||Not yet declared|
About Sikkim Aama Yojana 2023
The Chief Minister of Sikkim inaugurated welfare programs for women on the occasion of Sikkim’s 75th anniversary of independence. These programs aim to promote savings among nonworking mothers residing in the state. Initiated by Chief Minister Prem Sing Tamang, the Aama Yojana program will facilitate the establishment of individual savings accounts in the name of each mother with the support of the state government.
The state government will annually deposit Rs 20,000 into the bank accounts of mothers. For the ongoing fiscal year, a budget of 32 crores of rupees has been allocated to ensure the smooth functioning of this program. The main aim of implementing this plan is to support individuals in improving their personal well-being through financial assistance. This program is a demonstration of society’s appreciation and respect for women. To avail the benefits offered by this program, eligible individuals in need are required to submit an application.
During the launch event of this program, the Chief Minister announced that the scheme would receive a budget allocation of Rs. 100 crore. The Chief Minister expressed optimism that this initiative would motivate nonworking women who stay at home to cultivate the habit of saving money. As part of the ‘Bahini’ initiative, girls in 9th grade and above will receive free sanitary napkins. Approximately 18,000 girls in the state fall into this category. The state government plans to install vending machines for sanitary napkins in schools and enhance awareness about menstrual health and hygiene, as stated in the press release.
Sikkim Aama Yojana Objectives
The government of Sikkim has introduced the Aama Yojana plan to address the financial challenges faced by nonworking women, such as housewives, who may not have a means to earn money. It is crucial to encourage savings among this group to ensure a secure future. As part of the Aama Yojana, the government provides an annual amount of Rs 20,000 to these women, facilitating easier saving opportunities. This initiative aims to promote a culture of saving among nonworking women and alleviate potential financial difficulties in the future.
Sikkim Aama Yojana Benefits and Important Points
The benefits of the Sikkim Aama Yojana are as under:
- Beneficiaries of this program will include home moms who are residents of the state of Sikkim.
- The primary advantage of implementing this plan is that it will improve the future of such nonworking housewives.
- The government would provide women with a bank account and deposit Rs 20,000 digitally into it on an annual basis to cover their expenses.
- Women don’t have to worry about bank accounts as a special account will be created for them by the Government
- This program is being started out of respect for the ladies in our culture.
- It will be possible for nonworking mothers to meet their requirements whenever they are required to do so.
- Anyone in need who believes they may benefit from this program is welcome to submit an application.
- Under this program, each and every interested and eligible woman in the state who wants to take part in savings will be required to submit an application.
Sikkim Aama Yojana Eligibility
Points for Sikkim Aama Yojana Eligibilities are listed below, such as :
- The applicant must be a Citizen of India and a resident of the state of Sikkim
- Non-working women must have attained a mature age.
Documents Needed for Sikkim Aama Yojana
The documents needed for this Sikkim Aama Yojana are:
- Aadhar card of the applicant for identification
- Resident certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport Size photographs
- The mobile number which is in use.
- Email ID (Optional)
Sikkim Aama Yojana Application Procedure
The application procedure for the Aama Yojana plan, introduced by the Chief Minister, has not been advised by higher authorities yet. As of now, there is no accessible portal for the LMS Scheme. You will receive a notification once the portal for this plan becomes live. We will keep you updated as soon as the online method for this plan becomes available.
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.