Daily Current Affairs (18 – May – 2020)
Welcome to the May 2020 Daily Current Affairs MCQ One Liner Section of PuzzlesHuB. Current Affairs Quiz will Boost Your GA Section. Daily One Liner Current Affairs About national and international news are provided here. Read these one liner for quick revision for those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/Po/Clerk and other competative exams.
Daily CA One Liners , 18 May 2020 :
- 17 May World Telecommunication Day
- 17 May – World Hypertension Day
- The PM CARES Fund Trust decided to allocate ₹3,100 crores for the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and the amount will be used, among other things, to purchase ventilators and caring for migrant workers.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced Rs 3 lakh crore of collateral-free loans for small businesses.
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a 25 percent reduction in TDS (tax deducted at sources) and TCS (tax collected at source) rate for the current financial year.
- The Chhattisgarh Cabinet decided to launch ”Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana” from May 21 to provide good returns to the farmers for their produce and encourage crop production.
- Four domestic pharma firms — Cipla, Jubilant Life Sciences, Hetero, and Mylan — have entered into non-exclusive licensing agreements with drug major Gilead Sciences Inc for manufacturing and distribution of remdesivir, a potential therapy for COVID-19.
- Wipro Limited has been cited as a ”Leader” in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Cloud Professional Services 2020 Vendor Assessment.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board appointed former Test left-arm spinner Nadeem Khan as its new Director High Performance to replace former all-rounder Mudassar Nazar who has resigned from the post.
- Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) named Babar Azam as the nation’s new ODI captain.
- Sai Gundekar, who acted in films like PK and Rock On, died in the US. He was 42.
- Professional sumo wrestler Shobushi died at 28 from the coronavirus.
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.