Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 19 April 2020 ?
1. JEOPARDY (NOUN): (ख़तरा): danger
Synonyms: peril, endangerment
Antonyms: safety, security
The whole peace process is in jeopardy.
2. CURTAIL (VERB): (घटाना): reduce
Synonyms: cut, decrease
Antonyms: increase, lengthen
Civil liberties were further curtailed
3. CONTENTIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (विवादास्पद): controversial
Synonyms: disputable, debatable
We had to deal with a contentious issue.
4. GRATITUDE (NOUN): (कृतज्ञता): acknowledgement
Synonyms: thankfulness, gratefulness
He accepts his daughter’s gratitude.
5. DEFER (NOUN): (प्रस्तुत): submit
Synonyms: yield, give way
Antonyms: stand up to, disobey
He deferred to Tim’s superior knowledge.
6. ERADICATE (VERB): (उन्मूलन करना): destroy
Synonyms: eliminate, remove
Antonyms: implant, import
This disease has been eradicated.
7. UNFORESEEN (ADJECTIVE): (अनपेक्षित): unpredicted
Synonyms: unexpected, unanticipated
Antonyms: expected, predictable
The result was absolutely unforeseen.
8. REVOKE (VERB): (वापस लेना): repeal
Synonyms: cancel, rescind
Antonyms: introduce, enact
The men appealed and the sentence was revoked.
9. PREVENTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (निवारक): preventative
Synonyms: inhibitory, deterrent
Antonyms: permissive, unhealthful
The doctor gave a preventive medicine
10. SPORT (VERB): (प्रदर्शन करना): display
Synonyms: exhibit, show
He was sporting a huge handlebar moustache.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?