To use several services, including filing your income tax returns, you must now link your PAN Card to your Aadhaar. A recent government statement states that March 31, 2023, is the final deadline for connecting PAN and Aadhaar. Prior to this date, the deadline was March 31, 2022. But, if the PAN and Aadhaar are linked after March 31, 2022, penalties will be imposed. The penalty is Rs 500 if the linking is finished between April 1, 2022, and June 30, 2022. If the linking is completed between July 1, 2022, and March 31, 2023, there is a Rs 1,000 fine.
If your PAN and Aadhaar are already linked, you can check the Pan Aadhaar Linked Status both online and offline. Continue reading to find out more about the importance of linking PAN and Aadhaar, how to track the state of the Pan Aadhaar Link through the portal and SMS, and other topics.
Adhaar Card Pan Card Link Status Highlights
|Name||Pan Aadhaar Link|
|Objective||To check the status of the Pan Aadhaar Link|
|Deadline for Pan Aadhaar Link||March 31, 2023,|
About Pan Aadhaar Link Status
By March 31, 2023, if your Aadhaar number and Permanent Account Number (PAN) are not linked, your PAN will expire immediately on April 1. The deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar has been postponed lots of times by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). Users have till March 31, 2022, to free link their PAN with their Aadhaar. Those who failed to do so, however, were still able to link their PAN and Aadhaar by paying an Rs. 500 late fee until June 30, 2022. Taxpayers can now link their PAN and Aadhaar in one of two ways:
- Through the Income Tax e-filing Portal
- By sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
How to Check Pan Card Aadhaar Card Link Status Online
To check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the Portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the income tax e-filing website
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Link Aadhaar Status tab
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, enter your PAN number and your Aadhaar Number
- After that, click on the View Link Aadhaar Status button and the status will open on the screen
Steps to Check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the SMS
To check the Pan Aadhaar Link Status through the SMS, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, send the below-given SMS 567678 or 56161
- 12 digit Aadhaar number> 10 digit Permanent Account Number> UIDPAN
- If the connection is successful, the message “Aadhaar…is already associated with PAN (number) in ITD database” will appear on the screen. We appreciate you using our services.
- The page will state, Aadhaar…is already associated with PAN (number) in the ITD database, if the Aadhaar and PAN are not connected.
- To pay direct taxes
- To submit tax returns
- To avoid collecting more tax than is necessary
- To engage in a certain transaction, such as:
- Immovable property worth at least Rs. 5 lakhs is sold or purchased.
- other than two-wheeled vehicle sales or purchases
- Payment in cash of more than Rs. 25,000 in connection with international travel
- A one-time payment to hotels or restaurants of more than Rs 25,000
- payment of Rs 50,000 or more to a business or organization for the purchase of bonds or debentures
- payment of at least Rs 50,000 to the Reserve Bank of India to purchase bonds
- payment of at least Rs 50,000 to a corporation to purchase shares
- Any mutual fund acquisition
- More than Rs 5 lakh is paid for the acquisition of bullion and jewellery.
- More than Rs 50,000 must be deposited in 24 hours at one banking institution.
How to Check Pan Card Aadhaar Card 2023 Tags:
How to Check Pan Card Aadhaar Card 2023 // pan card download // pan aadhaar link status // aadhar card pan card link apps // pan aadhaar link status check by sms // check pan card status by mobile number
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.