Several programs have been launched by the Andhra Pradesh State Government for the benefit of the state’s citizens. One of the schemes that the State of Andhra Pradesh will launch for the benefit of the agricultural sector is the Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme. Here in this article, we will cover all the scheme-related information such as benefits, objectives and eligibility criteria We will also discuss the registration process for the Portal.
Overview Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer|
|Launched By||State Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Andhra Pradesh|
|Objective||To provide free electricity to the agricultural industry|
Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
The late Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy had the ambitious idea of providing free electricity to the agricultural industry. The project was signed by the Chief Minister in May 2004 when the YSR Government took office. Since 2004 the plan has continued. The Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme will now be implemented by the state government starting with the fiscal year 2021–2022. The government will give the agricultural industry free electricity under this scheme. The government has claimed that there will be an annual charge of Rs. 8400 crores.
The major aim of this course was to give all of the state of Andhra Pradesh’s agricultural areas free power. He started this plan with the intention of turning Andhra Pradesh green, but regrettably, he was unable to achieve his goal. Currently, the state’s agriculture sector in the state is receiving free electricity as the current chief minister works toward realizing his goal. For the successful realization of his goal, the former Chief Minister invested over 6000 crores in 2013.
The objective for Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
The primary goal of this scheme is for the government will also develop 10,000 solar power plants to help the farmers and to ensure an uninterrupted free power supply for the next 30 years in the Andhra Pradesh state. The farmers will not have to pay anything on the monthly power bill.
Benefits of the Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
The Benefits of this scheme are given below:
- Farmers will profit from this Scheme since it would provide them free electricity. The farmer does not have to pay any of the electricity bills out of his own money.
- By the end of March, there were 18.72 lakh agricultural power connections in the state according to the Agriculture Budget 2020–2021 and the 2019–20 Socio–Economic Survey and 17.55 lakh according to the most recent directive issued by the Energy Secretary.
- According to Agriculture Minister K Kanna Babu, the scheme will not change just the procedure may.
The Eligibility Criteria for this scheme are given below:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- The state’s farmers are the only beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Beneficiaries must have the necessary documentation on hand upon registering in order to verify their eligibility.
The documents needed for this scheme are given below:
- The applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Mobile Number
The process to Apply for Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
The application process for the agriculture electricity cash transfer scheme has not yet been announced by the government of Andhra Pradesh so all interested applicants will need to wait for a while. As soon as the government provides information regarding the application procedure we will keep you updated.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?