Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 30 January 2020 ?
1. OPPRESSION (NOUN): (उत्पीड़न) the state of being subject to oppressive treatment., misery;
Synonyms: despotism, maltreatment
Antonyms: kindness, affection
Pakistan is nation that is known for its oppression.
2. DAWDLE (VERB): (समय नष्ट करना) waste time; be slow.
Synonyms: loiter, procrastinate
Antonyms: hasten, hurry
She warned her son to not to dawdle.
3. NOXIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (हानिकारक) harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant; deadly, injurious.
Synonyms: destructive, harmful
Antonyms: helpful, kind
This is a noxious chemical.
4. CONFISCATE (VERB): (ज़ब्त करना): take or seize (someone’s property) with authority.
Synonyms: appropriate, impound
Antonyms: free, release
They confiscated mobile phones propaganda material.
5. YORE (NOUN): (बीता हुआ समय): time gone by
Synonyms: history, antiquity
Antonyms: future, present
In the days of yore, the Internet did not exist.
6. INVINCIBLE (ADJECTIVE): (अजेय): too powerful to be defeated or overcome, indestructible;
Synonyms: impregnable, invulnerable
Antonyms: beatable, breakable
The team proved it was not invincible when it lost the last game of the season.
7. WHEEDLE (VERB): (खुशामद से मना लेना): flatter
Synonyms: cajole, coax
Antonyms: disgust, bully
To wheedle your boss is not a solution of every problem.
8. RAMBUNCTIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (उधमी): loud, energetic
Synonyms: boisterous, noisy
Antonyms: calm, quiet
It was a rambunctious party.
9. FANATICAL (ADJECTIVE): (कट्टर): narrow minded
Synonyms: orthodox, biased
Antonyms: liberal, unprejudiced
In old days most of the people had fanatical thinking.
10. EPIGRAM (NOUN): (चुटकुला): joke
Synonyms: witticism, quirk
Antonyms: seriousness, sincerity
He is an expert in cracking epigrams.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?