Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 06 January 2022 ?
- PRESUMPTUOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अक्खड़): brazen
Synonyms: overconfident, arrogant
The man seemed too presumptuous to be a humble leader for the nation.
- DELIBERATE (ADJECTIVE): (सविचार): careful
Synonyms: cautious, unhurried
I have always been a conscientious and deliberate worker.
- REPRESSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (दमनकारी): oppressive
Synonyms: authoritarian, despotic
It was clear that he could not continue the repressive tactics of his predecessor.
- OVERWEENING (ADJECTIVE): (आत्माभिमानी): overconfident
Synonyms: conceited, cocksure
His modesty is nothing but a cover for his overweening conceit.
- DETRIMENT (NOUN): (हानि): harm
Synonyms: damage, injury
Hurried tests are a detriment to good education.
- CAPITULATE (VERB): (आत्मसमर्पण करना): surrender
Synonyms: give in, yield
The patriots had to capitulate to the enemy forces.
- PROSCRIBE (VERB): (बहिष्कार करना): forbid
Synonyms: prohibit, ban
Strikes remained proscribed in the armed forces.
- UNDERLIE (VERB): (नींव रखना): fundamental
Synonyms: basic, basal
We discussed the principles that underlay their methods.
- MARGINAL (ADJECTIVE): (मामूली): slight
Synonyms: small, tiny
It made only a marginal difference.
- MACABRE (ADJECTIVE): (भयंकर): gruesome
Synonyms: grisly grim
A macabre series of murders shocked us.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?