In order to provide financial support and service to the women of the state through the membership of a self-help group and federation, the Government of Odisha has launched the Odisha Mission Shakti. This program is a financial inclusion initiative that will provide access to institutional credit to the women of self-help groups in order to promote sustainable livelihood. By the implementation of this scheme financial capabilities and self-confidence and women will also be built. Through this article, we are going to provide you with complete details regarding this scheme like its objective, benefits, features, eligibility, required documents, application procedure, etc. So if you are interested in getting benefits of the Odisha mission Shakti then you are requested to go through this article very carefully till the end.
Key Highlights Of Odisha Mission Shakti
|Name Of The Scheme||Odisha Mission Shakti|
|Launched By||Government Of Odisha|
|Beneficiary||Women Self Help Groups|
|Objective||To Empower Women|
|Official Website||Click Here|
About Odisha Mission Shakti 2021
The Government of Odisha launched Odisha Mission Shakti Scheme on 8 March 2001. Through this scheme financial support will be provided to the women of the state through their membership in self-help groups and federations. The women will be linked to the financial institution through this scheme. Women will be able to get institutional credit through the self-help group which will enable them to get self-employment. Under the scheme, different forms of financial support will be provided in the form of seed Money, Mission Shakti loan, and revolving funds.
The government is going to do a strategic partnership with the banking sector so that hassle-free banking services can be assured at various levels to the members of self-help groups. This scheme is going to make women economically empowered. For proper monitoring and implementation of this scheme, the Directorate of mission Shakti has been created under the department of women and child development and mission Shakti.
Objective Of Odisha Mission Shakti
The main objective of Odisha Mission Shakti is to empower women financially through women’s self-help groups. Under this scheme institution building, capacity building, financial inclusion, livelihood skill development, and market linkages are provided by various types of programs. A beneficiary self-help group is able to take seed money, revolving fund, and mission Shakti loan. There is no interest rate on the mission Shakti loan. With help of this scheme, self-help groups will become independent which will automatically empower women. Other than that women will be able to achieve sustainable livelihood, self-confidence, and financial capabilities through the mission shakti scheme.
Benefits And Features Of Odisha Mission Shakti
- The Government of Odisha have launched Odisha Mission Shakti Scheme on 8th March 2021
- Through this scheme financial support will be provided to the women of the state through their membership in self help group and federations
- The women will be linked to the financial institution through this scheme
- Other than that women will be able to get institutional credit by the self help group which will enable them to get self employment
- Under this scheme different form of the financial support will be provided in the form of seed Money, Mission Shakti loan and revolving fund
- The government is also going to do strategic partnership with the banking sector so that hassle-free banking services can be assured at various level to the members of self help group
- This scheme is also going to make women economically empowered
- For proper monitoring and implementation of this scheme directorate of mission Shakti has been created under the department of women and child development and Mission Shakti
- The government is also going to organise financial literacy and credit counselling program at the village levels in order to educate women about the financial inclusion initiatives by the government
- These programs will be organised with financial institutions and other departments
- Financial report and generation of performance record will also be digitalised
- This scheme will also build self confidence in women
Financial Support To Women Self Help Group
The government is also going to organize financial literacy and credit counselling programs at the village levels in order to educate women about the financial inclusion initiative by the government. These programs will be organized with financial institutions and other departments. Financial reports and the generation of performance records will also be digitized. Following types of financial support will be provided to the women self-help group under the Odisha mission Shakti scheme:-
The government is going to provide support of Rs 15000 to each eligible self-help group that has not received micro-credit or revolving funds from the government. This amount will help the self-help group to demonstrate credit and access investment worthiness of members. Other than that it will also be helpful in order to avail Bank linkage by increasing the group Corpus. This money will also help in fulfilling the immediate need of the self-help group
Under this scheme financial support of Rs, 25 lakh per block federation will be provided to the BLFs. This amount will be provided in two phases. With the help of this amount, a self-help group can be able to strengthen the capacity and provide financial autonomy to the institution in utilizing the fund. This amount will also be provided to the member of the self-help group for lending as per their business plan
Mission Shakti loan-
Mission Shakti loan scheme has been introduced by the state government in the year 2013. Through this loan, the government is going to provide affordable credit to the women’s self-help groups. Initially beneficiary can be able to take a loan at 2% interest up to Rs 300000. In order to motivate self-help groups to invest more capital in livelihood activities, the annual interest rate was reduced to 1% for women self-help groups. After that, the scheme was revised in 2019 after revision beneficiaries are not required to pay interest up to a loan of Rs 300000 provided that the loan is repaid on time. Scheduled commercial banks and cooperative banks that are operating on the core banking solutions will be providing loans under this scheme.
Institution Building Under Odisha Mission Shakti
Institutional building is the way how people relate to one another in the context of public reaction in public activities. Institutional building is one of the major dimensions of the Odisha Mission Shakti Scheme. Institution building goals and objective of mission Shakti is achieved through improving gender equality, social-economic empowerment of women, and policy action. Other than that promotion of strong and viable multi-layered institutions and collectives for women empowerment in Odisha was established. Through this scheme promotion of higher-level institutions, women self-help groups at gram Panchayat level federation at the gram Panchayat level, block-level federation at the ICDS project level, and district level federation at the district level is promoted.
Odisha Mission Shakti Capacity Building, Livelihood, Skill Development And Market Linkages
- Capacity building is an ongoing program which requires continuous training and exposure.
- Under mission Shakti scheme the government organises various types of training and capacity building programs for community institutions
- Other than that this scheme also provides livelihood support to the women self help groups and their federation through various income generating activities.
- These income generating activities include agriculture, vegetable cultivation, organic farming, civil construction, door mat making, flour mill etc
Organisational Structure Of Odisha Mission Shakti
State- Directorate of Mission Shakti
- Administrative unit- principal secretary/commissioner cum secretary, commissioner cum director, joint secretary, financial advisor, deputy secretary, desk officer, section Officer, assistant section Officer
- Support team- state project monitoring unit, team leader, Institution and capacity building specialist, financial inclusion specialist, livelihood and skill development specialist, market linkage specialist, monitoring and evaluation specialist, publicity and IEC specialist, human resource specialist, accountant, office assistant
- Administrative unit- collector cum district magistrate, district social welfare officer, district mission Shakti coordinator
- Support team- district project monitoring unit, district project coordinator, district programme assistant cum accountant
- Administrative unit- child development project officer, block mission Shakti coordinator
- Support Team- block project monitoring unit, block project coordinator, block program assistant cum accountant
Major Areas Of Focus Under Odisha Mission Shakti
- Formation and strengthening of women self help groups:- There are around 6 lakh women self help groups which are formed and nurtured by the mission Shakti Odisha. These women self help groups comprise around 7000000 women members.
- Linking women with financial institutions- This scheme has many women self help groups with the bank credit system practices like regular meeting, credit and thrift, internal landing etc are reinforced at a regular interval of time
- Financial inclusion- Under Odisha mission Shakti scheme provision of seed money and revolving fund for women self help group is facilitating women empowerment. Credit linkage and implementation of interest subvention scheme has enabled self help groups to invest more capital in livelihood activities
- Policy formulation– This scheme actively analysis existing government policies with various stakeholders in order to identify the policy gaps and recommending suitable policy action
- Through this scheme women empowerment has been achieved at a greater level
- Gender equality– This scheme is also helpful in controlling gender discrimination and social evils as this scheme facilitates the process of emergence of new generation of women leaders
Odisha Mission Shakti Statistics
|Women self-help groups||6 lakh|
|Self-help group members||70 lakh|
|Digital empowerment assistance to 600000 self-help groups||Rs 180 crore|
|Interest subvention provided||Rs 280 crore|
|Revolving fund||Rs 169 crores|
Odisha Mission Shakti Eligibility Criteria And Required Documents
- Beneficiary must be women self help group situated in Odisha
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Birth certificate
Procedure To Apply Under Odisha Mission Shakti
- First of all go to the nearest bank
- Now collect the form of Odisha mission Shakti from the bank
- You have to enter all the required details in this form like your name, mobile number, email id etc
- After that you have to attach all the required documents
- Now you have to submit this form in to the bank
- By following this procedure you can apply under Odisha mission Shakti
Procedure To Download Mobile App
- First of all go to the official website of Odisha mission Shakti
- The home page will open before you
- On the homepage you are required to click on mobile app
- ou will be redirected to a new page where you have to enter your mobile number and password
- Now you have to click on sign in
- After that you have to click on download mobile app
- Mobile app will be downloaded in your device
District Wise Link Of Odisha Mission Shakti
|Name of district||Link|
- Address-Mission Shakti Bhawan, At- Gandamunda, Po-Baramunda, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Pin-751030
- Telephone Number- 0674 – 2974093
- Email Id- [email protected] [email protected]
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?