Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 27 January 2020 ?
1. ADJUDICATING (VERB/NOUN): (न्याययिक निर्णय) make a formal judgement on a disputed matter.
Synonyms: arbitration, judge
Antonyms: defer, ignore
The Committee adjudicates on all betting disputes.
2.DEFECTION (NOUN): (दल – बदल ) the desertion of one’s country or cause in favour of an opposing one.
Synonyms: disloyalty, withdrawal
Antonyms: harmony, plenty, joyfullness
His defection from the Labour Party.
3.PRESIDE (VERB): (सञ्चालन करना) be in the position of authority in a meeting or other gathering.
Synonyms: administer, supervise
Antonyms: follow, abandon
The prime minister will preside at an emergency cabinet meeting.
4. AUGURS (NOUN/VERB): (भविष्य बताना) soothsayer, fortune tellers;
Synonyms: harbinger, diviner
Antonyms: unimpressive, irrelevance
The end of the cold war seemed to augur well.
5. COGNITIVE (ADJECTIVE): (संज्ञानात्मक ) connected with thinking or mental process.
Synonyms: emotional, subjective
Antonyms: physical, body
The cognitive processes involved in reading.
6. PARADOX (NOUN): (विरोधाभास) act dishonestly to get something, move or touch things.
Synonyms: absurdity, enigma
Antonyms: normality, success
It’s a curious paradox that drinking too much water makes you feel thirsty.
7. RECALCITRANT (NOUN/ADJ+): (आज्ञा न मानने वाला) having obstinately uncooperative attitude.
Synonyms: unmanageable, contrary
Antonyms: docile, amenable
Some politicians are nothing but a stiff-necked recalcitrant and trouble maker.
8. WANTON (ADJECTIVE): (ऊधमी): (of a cruel or violent action) deliberate and unprovoked.
Synonyms: senseless, unjustifiable
Antonyms: rational, reasonable
He presented a wanton idea in the meeting.
9. CAVORT (VERB): (उछलना-कूदना): jump about playfully
Synonyms: prank, play
Antonyms: work, study
A kid was cavorting around the corner.
10. ABORTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (निष्फल): failing to produce the intended result.
Synonyms: futile, fruitless
Antonyms: profitable, fruitful
The rebel officers who led the abortive coup were shot.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?