Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 27 December 2020 ?
- OBLITERATE (VERB): (नष्ट करना): destroy
Synonyms: wipe out, annihilate
Example Sentence: The memory was so painful that he obliterated it from his mind.
- ARTICULATE (ADJECTIVE): (स्पष्ट): eloquent
Synonyms: fluent, communicative
Example Sentence: He made an articulate account of his and her experiences.
- IMPETUS (NOUN): (प्रोत्साहन): motivation
Synonyms: stimulus incitement
Example Sentence:The ending of the Cold War gave new impetus to idealism.
- EGREGIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (चौंका देने वाला): shocking
Synonyms: appalling, horrific
Example Sentence: Egregious abuses of copyright take place.
- SPLENDOUR (NOUN): (भव्यता): magnificence
Synonyms: grandeur, opulence
Example Sentence:The tiles of these roofs are of deep-blue colour adding an element of splendour.
- EMBLEMATIC (ADJECTIVE): (प्रतीकात्मक): symbolic
Synonyms: representative, demonstrative
Example Sentence:My case is emblematic of a larger issue.
- PAROCHIAL (ADJECTIVE): (संकीर्ण): narrow-minded
Synonyms: small-minded, provincial
Example Sentence:Parochial attitudes seldom lead to distress.
- ENTANGLE (VERB): (जाल में फंसना/ फंसाना): involve
Synonyms: implicate, embroil
Antonyms: steer clear of
Example Sentence:They were suspicious of becoming entangled in a civil war.
- EXQUISITE (ADJECTIVE): (अति सुंदर): beautiful
Synonyms: lovely, elegant
Example Sentence: She makes exquisite, jewel-like portraits.
- EXTRAVAGANT (ADJECTIVE): (फ़िजूल ख़र्च): spendthrift
Synonyms: profligate, unthrifty
Example Sentence: It was rather extravagant to buy both.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?