Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist 23 December 2019
1. ASSAULTS (VERB): (हमलाः करना) make a physical attack on.
Synonyms: whip, strike, batter
Antonyms: retreat, ebb
He pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer.
2. UNRAVEL (VERB): (सुलझाना) investigate and solve or explain
Synonyms: untie, unjumble
Antonyms: tangle, intertwine
They were attempting to unravel the cause of death.
3. DISMANTLE (VERB): (निराकरण, तोड़-फोड़) take (a machine or structure) to pieces.
Synonyms: breakup, flatten
Antonyms: assemble, build
The car mechanic dismantled the engine to repair it
4. PARAPHRASE (VERB): (संक्षिप्त व्याख्या, विवरण) express the meaning of (something is written or spoken) using different words
Synonyms: reword, rephrase
Antonyms: transcript, echo
This is evidently a paraphrase of popular story fairytale.
5. IMPEACHMENT (NOUN): (दोषारोपण)a charge of treason
Synonyms: reprimand, charge, reprobate
Antonyms: absolve, commend, exonerate
The king cynically abandoned him, encouraging his impeachment”
6. EMBITTER (VERB): (कड़वा बोलना) make (someone) feel anger
Synonyms: frustrate, vex, antagonize
Antonyms: lessen, lighten
“He died an embittered man”
7. DETENTION (NOUN): (नज़रबंदी) the state of being detained in official custody.
Synonyms: incarceration, durance
Antonyms: relinquishment, abandonment
“The fifteen people arrested were still in police detention”
8. HOLOCAUST (NOUN): (प्रलय) destruction, devastation
Synonyms: annihilation, massacre
Antonyms: building, creation
The forest fire was a holocaust that destroyed thousands of trees.
9. MUTATING (VERB): (परिवर्तनशील) convert, modify
Synonyms: modify, anomaly
Antonyms: remain, stay
Simple organisms like bacteria mutate rapidly.
10. GENOCIDE (NOUN): (नरसंहार) the deliberate killing of a large group of people
Synonyms: carnage, holocaust
Antonyms: building, construction
This is a campaign of genocide
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?