Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist 13 January 2020
1. TILT (VERB): (झुकाव) move or cause to move into a sloping position.
Synonyms: angle, slant, leaning
Antonyms: ascent, increase
Yet he can tilt or play his part at hand-strokes as merrily as ever.
2. NUANCES (NOUN): (अति सूक्ष्म अंतर ) a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound.
Synonyms: distinction, nicety, hint
Antonyms: brightness, information
He was a stickler for the nuances of behavior, especially in women.
3. TRUNCATE (VERB): (छांट कर छोटा करना) shorten (something) by cutting off the top of the end.
Synonyms: abbreviate, abridge
Antonyms: enlarge, expand
Truncate command is used in the Database.
4. EXPLOSION (NOUN): (विस्फोट) a violent shattering or blowing apart of something
Synonyms: detonation, eruption, bang
Antonyms: outburst, flare-up
“Three explosions damaged buildings at the barracks.”
5. IDOLATRY (NOUN): (आदरणीय मानना) the worship of idols.
Synonyms: fetishism, idolizing
Antonyms: vilification, criticism
We must not allow our idolatry of art to obscure issues of political significance.
6. BRINK (NOUN): (कगार) the extreme edge of land before a steep slope or a body or water.
Synonyms: fringe, verge
Antonyms: center, middle
The country was on the brink of a constitutional crisis.
7. CONTOUR (NOUN): (रुपरेखा) an outline representing or bounding the shape or form of something.
Synonyms: outline, shape
Antonyms: dullness, crookedness
She traced the contours of his face with her finger.
8. TRIUMVIRATE (NOUN): (तिकड़ी) TRIO
Synonyms: threesome, triplets
Antonyms: single, loneliness
Rome the triumvirate decided to defend the republic to the last.
9. TROOP (NOUN): (समूह, फ़ौज) (of a group of people) come or go together or in large numbers.
Synonyms: crew, gang
Antonyms: individual, one
The girls trooped in for dinner.
10 TANGIBLE (ADJECTIVE): (वास्तविक) perceptible by touch.
Synonyms: palpable, tactile, real
Antonyms: conceptual, unreal
The atmosphere of neglect and abandonment was almost tangible.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?