Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 13 December 2020 ?
- sweeping (adjective) विस्तृत –extending or performed in a long, continuous curve.
Synonym: extensive, wide-ranging, global, broad, wide, comprehensive, all-inclusive, all-embracing, far-reaching, across the board, worldwide, catholic, exhaustive, pervasive
Antonym-narrow, restricted, limited
Example: ‘there will be more sweeping changes in education’
- Influence (noun) प्रभाव –the capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behaviour of someone or something, or the effect itself.
Synonym: effect, impact,control, sway, hold, power, authority, ascendancy
Antonym-helplessness, impotence, impotency, powerlessness, weakness
Example: the basic premise of astrology is that the position of the stars has an influence on human affairs
- Revolt (Verb) विद्रोह–an attempt to end the authority of a person or body by rebelling.
Synonym: rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, uprising, riot, rioting, rising, insurgence, insurgency, coup
Example: “a country-wide revolt against the government”
- Boycott (Verb) बहिष्कार करना –withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
Synonym: spurn, snub, cold-shoulder, shun, avoid, abstain from, stay away from, steer clear of, give a wide berth to, refuse to take part in
Antonym-support, approve of
Example: ‘the main opposition parties boycotted the elections’
- legitimacy (noun)वैधता –the quality or state of being legal
Synonym: validity, legitimacy, legality, vigor, vigour
Antonym-illegality, illegitimacy, unlawfulness, wrongfulness
Example: the legitimacy of the military dictatorship was not recognized by most other nations
- Embroiled (Verb) उलझा देना –to place in conflict or difficulties
Synonym: involve, entangle, ensnare, enmesh, catch up, mix up, bog down, mire
Antonym-emancipated, freed, liberated, released
Example: the town has been embroiled in controversy over the building of the huge shopping mall
- convened (Verb) बुलायी गयी –come or bring together for a meeting or activity; assemble.
Synonym: summon, call, call together, order, assemble, gather, meet, get together, come together, congregate
Antonym-broke up, disbanded, dispersed, split (up)
Example: the conventioneers convened in the auditorium to hear the guest speaker
- Grievances (noun) शिकायतों–a feeling of resentment over something believed to be wrong or unfair.
Synonym: complaint, criticism, objection, protestation, charge, protest, grumble, moan, cavil, quibble, problem
Example: ‘the phone line lets callers air grievances about public services’
- Tapping (Verb) दोहन –to strike or cause to strike lightly and usually rhythmically
Synonym: banging, bashing, batting, bonking, bopping, hammering, hitting
Example: ‘crews heard tapping from deep underground’
Hello Friends, I am from India. After earning my Graduate degree in Computer Application, I decided to pursue my passion for Web Designing and Content Writing. My ultimate goal is to become one of the best in my field and continue to deliver high-quality content. Further, I aim to deliver the latest information regarding recruitment to job seekers, the latest news with accuracy, which shall benefit them in every way possible.