Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist 10 December 2019
1. RECALCITRANT (ADJECTIVE): disobedient (उद्दण्ड)
Synonyms: fractious, obstinate
Antonyms: agreeable, compliant
A class of recalcitrant fifteen-year-olds.
2. SAP (VERB): blunt (खत्म कर देना)
Synonyms: cripple, deplete
Antonyms: create, build
Our energy is being sapped by bureaucrats and politicians.
3. MERCANTILE (ADJECTIVE): regarding business (व्यापारिक)
Synonyms: trade, monetary
Antonyms: noncommercial, not-for-profit
They were talking about mercantile investments.
4. SWAMP (VERB): engulf (आप्लावित करना)
Synonyms: inundate, overload
Antonyms: underwhelm, lower
A huge wave swamped the canoes.
5. PANTHEIST (NOUN): a person who doesn’t believe in orthodox religion (सर्वेश्वरवादी)
Synonyms: agnostic, freethinker
Antonyms: believer, pious
Manish is a pantheist person.
6. PREPONDERATE (VERB): dominate (प्रबल होना)
Synonyms: dictate, outshine
Antonyms: fall behind, follow
The advantages preponderate over this apparent disadvantage.
7. CANNY (ADJECTIVE): clever (चतुर)
Synonyms: shrewd, prudent
Antonyms: imprudent, foolish
Canny customers will switch banks.
8. EXPLOIT (NOUN): accomplishment (अद्भुत कर्म)
Synonyms: attainment, achievement
Antonyms: inaction, inactivity
Many big companies sprang up to exploit this new technology.
9. RANCOROUS (ADJECTIVE): caustic (द्वेषी)
Synonyms: acrimonious, petulant
Antonyms: nice, kind
He saw miserable months of rancorous disputes.
10. DON (VERB): enrobe (पहन लेना)
Synonyms: dress, clothe
Antonyms: undress, disrobe
The little girl donned her doll
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?