Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary Wordlist 07 January 2020
1. DEFY (VERB): (अवहेलना) appear to be challenging (someone) to do or prove something.
Synonyms: challenge, contravene, ignore
Antonyms: obey, surrender
He glowered at her, defying her to mock him.
2. CANVASSED (VERB): (वोट मांगना) discuss issues
Synonyms: agitate, examine
Antonyms: ignore, neglect
Canvas or bunting screens are most effectual.
3. ENUMERATE (VERB): (प्रगणक) mention (a number of things) one by one.
Synonyms: calculate, compute
Antonyms: conceal, estimate
There is not space to enumerate all his works.
4. REFERENDUM (NOUN): (जनमत संग्रह) popular vote on the matter
Synonyms: mandate, vote, a plebiscite
Antonyms: suggestion, petition
The referendum has been sparingly used in matters of local concern.
5. FRAGILE (VERB): (नाज़ुक) easily broken or damaged.
Synonyms: breakable, brittle
Antonyms: robust, vigorous
You have a fragile grip on reality.
6. ASSASSINATION (NOUN): (हत्या) the action of killing someone.
Synonyms: bloodshed, massacre
Antonyms: birth, alive
The assassination of a terrorist.
7. PRESUMABLY (ADVERB): (शायद) used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain.
Synonyms: likely, apparently
Antonyms: doubtfully, improbably
It was not yet ten o’clock, so presumably, the boys were still at the pub.
8. DISARRAY (NOUN): (अव्यवस्था) a state of disorganization or untidiness.
Synonyms: disorder, confusion, chaos
Antonyms: harmony, neatness
Her grey hair was in disarray.
9. PROXY (NOUN): (प्रतिनिधि) the authority to represent someone else, especially in voting.
Synonyms: deputy, representative
Britons overseas may register to vote by proxy.
10. PYRETIC (ADJECTIVE): (ज्वरनाशक) feverish or inducing fever.
Synonyms: torrid, burning
Antonyms: damp, freezing
Aloe Vera gel is antipyretic as it reduces heat.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?