Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams and so forth. PuzzlesHuB provides you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will sure improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 05 February 2020 ?
1. PERILOUS (ADJECTIVE): (जोख़िम) : full of danger or risk, hazardous
Synonyms: vulnerable, dicey
Antonyms: safe, secure
Example Sentence: Out current economy is in a perilous state.
2. PERVASIVE (ADJECTIVE): (व्यापक) : present or noticeable in every part.
Synonyms: extensive, prevalent
Antonyms: scarce, limited
Example Sentence: The pervasive smell of petrol made everyone anxious.
3. MOCKERY (ADJECTIVE): (मज़ाक): teasing, ridicule
Synonyms: light, sublime
Antonyms: earthly, indelicate
Example Sentence: The trail was a mockery-the judge has decided the verdict before it began.
4. MENACE (NOUN/VERB): (संकट) : be a threat or possible danger to.
Synonyms: hazard, threat
Antonyms: delight, pleasure
Example Sentence: “Africa’s elephants are still menaced by poaching”
5. DANGLING (ADJECTIVE): (झूलने) hanging or swinging loosely.
Synonyms: drooping, hanging
Antonyms: raised, upright
Example Sentence: she wear a pair of dangling earrings.
6. TRYST (VERB/NOUN): (गुप्त भेंट): meeting of two people having a romantic relationship.
Antonyms: division, separation
Example sentence:Working couples find it hard to indulge in tryst.
7. SCOURGE (NOUN): (कोड़ा): whip used as an instrument of punishment, curse.
Synonyms: pest, terror
Antonyms: reward, blessing, delight
Example sentence:Manish was found in the bleak little room in despair.
8. RATCHETING (VERB): (शाफ़्ट): to grow less in scope or intensity especially gradually
Synonyms: abate, decline
Antonyms: distend, appear
Example sentence:Reduced demand and ratcheting costs are forcing small businesses to close.
9. PRE-EMPTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (पूर्व रिक्तिपुर्व): something done before people can act.
Synonyms: averting, defensive
Antonyms: incentive, encouragement
Example sentence:The Prime Minister announced a pre emptive air strikes against the rebels.
10. VICINITY (NOUN): (आस-पास): surrounding area or district.
Synonyms: environs, proximity
Antonyms: distant, outlying
Example sentence:The number of people living in the immediate vicinity was small.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?