Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 02 June 2021 ?
- CONFRONT (VERB): (सामना करना): challenge
Synonyms: square up to, oppose
He confronted the robbers as they were trying to leave.
- POISED (ADJECTIVE): (शांतचित्त): self-possessed
Synonyms: self-assured composed
Not every day you saw that poised, competent kid distressed.
- DESPITE (PREPOSITION): (के बावजूद ): in spite of
Synonyms: notwithstanding, in the face of
Antonyms: because of
He remains a great leader despite age and infirmity.
- CONSOLIDATE (VERB): (मजबूत करना): strengthen
Synonyms: secure, stabilize
The company consolidated its position in the international market.
- FLIPPANT (ADJECTIVE): (क्षुद्र): frivolous
Synonyms: superficial, shallow
He made a flippant remark.
- TIRESOME (ADJECTIVE): (थकानेवाला): boring
Synonyms: dull, tedious
Weeding is a tiresome but essential job.
- GLORIFY (VERB): (महिमामंडन करना): ennoble
Synonyms: exalt, elevate
A football video went viral glorifying violence.
- ABATE (VERB): (घटना): subside
Synonyms: lessen, let up
In an hour or so the storm would abate and they could leave.
- FLEETING (ADJECTIVE): (क्षणभंगुर): brief
Synonyms: transient, short-lived
For a very fleeting moment I saw his face.
- GLOSSY (ADJECTIVE): (सतही आकर्षक): expensive
Synonyms: high-quality, stylish
That is just another glossy TV miniseries.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?