Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 17 October 2021 ?
- SUBSEQUENT (ADJECTIVE): (आगामी): Following
Synonyms: Ensuing, Succeeding
The theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906.
- INCUMBENT (ADJECTIVE): (वर्तमान): Current
Synonyms: Existing, Present
The incumbent President had been defeated.
- SPURN (VERB): (तिरस्कार करना): Refuse
Synonyms: Decline, Reject
He spoke gruffly, as if afraid that his invitation would be spurned.
- RETREAT (VERB): (स्थान छोड़ना): Withdraw
Synonyms: Retire, Draw back
When the enemy attacked, our troops were forced to retreat.
- MOUNT (VERB): (उठना): Increase
Synonyms: Grow, Rise
The costs mount up when we buy a home.
- CONSERVATIVE (ADJECTIVE): (अपरिवर्तनवादी): Traditionalist
Synonyms: Traditional, Conventional
They were very conservative in their outlook.
- SNAP (VERB): (टूटना): Break
Synonyms: Fracture, Splinter
The strings of the guitar kept snapping.
- CONTEST (VERB): (प्रतिवाद करना): Oppose
Synonyms: Challenge, Dispute
Antonyms: Agree with
The former orderly contests his dismissal.
- VIGOUR (NOUN): (शक्ति): Robustness
Synonyms: Hardiness, Strength
I am 69 but still full of vigour and vitality.
- PUERILE (ADJECTIVE): (बचकाना): Childish
Synonyms: Immature, Infantile
We had a puerile argument.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?