Here You Will Get Important The Hindu Vocab Lists For Exams Like IBPS PO, Clerk, IBPS RRB, CGL, CHSL, State Level tests, Other Exams, and so forth. PuzzlesHuB gives you 10 new vocab words daily From The Hindu Editorial on the daily regular schedule which will profit you in the upcoming assessments. The Hindu Editorial vocab list is a booster and an important part of learning and understanding the English language. It will surely improve your reading skills and marks in exams like SSC / Bank Po / Bank Clerk / SBI JA / SBI PO other Competitive Exams. We collect daily top 10 vocabulary words used regularly from the Hindu newspaper.
? The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary 16 November 2021 ?
- RETRACT (VERB): (वापस लेना): take back
Synonyms: withdraw, unsay
He was forced to retract an opinion too liberal for the time.
- UNSEEMLY (ADJECTIVE): (अनुचित): indecorous
Synonyms: improper, inappropriate
The discussion led to nothing but an unseemly squabble.
- CATHARSIS (NOUN): (शुद्धिकरण): purging
Synonyms: purgation, purification
Music is a means of catharsis for many of us.
- INFANTILE (ADJECTIVE): (बचकाना): childish
Synonyms: babyish, immature
The point about fairies etc. is so infantile in logic I can barely contain my disbelief.
- INGRAINED (ADJECTIVE): (दीर्घस्थायी): entrenched
Synonyms: established, fixed
She wanted to wake up with his scent ingrained in her skin.
- COMPETENCE (NOUN): (योग्यता): capability
Synonyms: ability, competency
Courses were launched to improve the competence of staff.
- OMINOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अमंगल): threatening
Synonyms: menacing, baleful
My ominous tone didn’t register with him.
- DISTEND (VERB): (फूलना या फूलाना): swell
Synonyms: bloat, bulge
The abdomen distended rapidly.
- STRICKEN (ADJECTIVE): (तंग): troubled
Synonyms: affected, afflicted
The pilot landed the stricken aircraft.
- CAJOLE (VERB): (चापलूसी करना): persuade
He hoped to cajole her into selling the house.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?