A marriage certificate is an important document. This certificate is provided after registering for marriage. It has become mandatory for every couple to register their marriage and obtain a marriage certificate. This certificate acts as proof of marriage. The registration to obtain a marriage certificate can be done after one month of marriage. The Punjab government has also started a portal. Through this portal, citizens can apply for a Punjab Marriage Certificate. This article covers the entire application procedure regarding the marriage certificate. You will also get to know the other details regarding the marriage certificate of Punjab like its objective, benefits, features, eligibility, required documents, etc. So if you want to apply for a marriage certificate then you have to go through this article
Key Highlights Of Punjab Marriage Certificate
|Name Of The Scheme||Punjab Marriage Certificate|
|Launched By||Government Of Punjab|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of Punjab|
|Objective||To Provide Marriage Certificate|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Mode Of Application||Online/Offline|
About Punjab Marriage Certificate 2022
It is mandatory for each and every citizen of India to obtain a marriage certificate after the marriage irrespective of their religious beliefs. This certificate acts as proof of marriage. A marriage certificate is also used as an important document for obtaining various types of documents like immigration, visa, Pan name change, etc. The Punjab government has launched the official portal of Punjab. Through this portal citizens of Punjab can apply to get Punjab Marriage Certificate. Now citizens of Punjab are not required to visit any government offices in order to obtain a marriage certificate. They can apply for it from the comfort of their home.
This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency to the system. This certificate can be obtained after one month of marriage. If after marriage a couple does not obtain a marriage certificate then the couple has to pay a fine of Rs 2 each day.
Objective Of Punjab Marriage Certificate
The main objective of the Punjab Marriage Certificate is to provide a marriage certificate to the couples after their marriage. This certificate can be used to obtain various types of documents like immigration, visa, Pan name change, etc. Citizens of Punjab can register their marriage both through online and offline mode. Now citizens are not required to visit any government offices for obtaining a marriage certificate as the whole procedure of the registration has been made available online. This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency to the system. However, if the citizen wants then he or she can apply through offline mode also.
Benefits And Features Of Marriage Certificate
- It is mandatory for each and every citizen of India to obtain marriage certificate after the marriage irrespective of their religious beliefs
- This certificate acts as a proof of marriage
- Marriage certificate is also used as an important document for obtaining various types of documents like immigration, visa, Pan name change etc
- The government of Punjab has launched the official website. Through this website citizens of Punjab can apply for getting Marriage Certificate.
- Now citizens of Punjab are not required to visit any government offices in order to obtain marriage certificate
- They can apply for it from the comfort of their homes
- This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency in the system
- This certificate can be obtained after one month of marriage
- If after marriage couple does not obtain marriage certificate and the couple have to pay a fine of Rs 2 each day
- The certificate will also act as an important document if husband and wife want to open joint account
- The age of of groom should be 21 years or more and bride should be 18 years or more
- The bride or groom both or any one of them should be a permanent resident of Punjab
- The registration for marriage have to be done after one month of marriage
- If bride or groom is divorcee then it is mandatory to produce divorce certificate
- It is mandatory to produce death certificate of husband aur wife in case of remarriage
- Aadhar card of bride and groom
- A picture of both bride and groom (at the time of marriage)
- Invitation card of marriage
- Passport size photograph of bride and groom
- Identity documents of witnesses
- Age proof of both bride and groom
- Residential certificate of the place where is a girl previously besides
- Certificate attested by the officer if the bride wants to change her name after marriage
- No objection certificate by the embassy of the the foreign country (if married abroad)
Procedure To Apply Online For Punjab Marriage Certificate
- First of all go to the official website of government of Punjab, India
- The home page will open before you
- On the home page you are required to click on Punjab marriage certificate
- Application form will appear before you
- You have to fill all the required details in this application form
- Now you have to upload all the required documents
- After that you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can apply online for marriage certificate
Procedure To Apply Offline For Punjab Marriage Certificate
- You have to visit the municipality office of your area
- Now you have to obtain application form for married certificate from there
- Now you have to fill this application form by entering all the required details like your name, mobile number, email id etc
- And Now you have to attach all the required documents
- After that you have to submit this form into the same municipality office
- By following this procedure you can apply offline for marriage certificate
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?