The Government of Odisha has initiated the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme to promote aquaculture in fisheries by using advanced technology. The scheme will provide livelihood support to entrepreneurs, unemployed youth and aspiring progressive fish farmers. This scheme will promote fish farming in the state and will help in connecting educated youth with aquaculture. In the time of infection of coronavirus (COVID 19), young people facing unemployment amidst the outbreak of the epidemic will get employment opportunities from this scheme. Interested candidates can download the application form through fardodisha.gov.in the official website to take advantage of Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme. Interested farmers (grow-out tanks, nurseries and seed tanks), fish and shrimp hatchery operators, private entrepreneurs, unemployed youth can apply.
Highlights of the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
|Scheme Name||Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme|
|Launched By||Ministry of Fisheries and Animal Resources Development|
|Objective||Enhancing aquaculture with advanced technology|
|Category||Odisha Govt. Schemes|
Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Application Form
A new Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme has been launched by the Government of Odisha to promote intensive aquatic aquaculture through the introduction of bio-floc technology. Through this scheme, farmers doing small area aquaculture will be encouraged to cultivate high yielding intensive fish. The Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme will encourage farmers, entrepreneurs and unemployed youth to generate income through a small scale bio-flow farming system. Through the Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme, the affected youth will be supported for income and livelihood at the time of the COVID-19 transition. Bio-floc tanks will be developed under this scheme with about 1080 subsidy assistance. Here in this article, the entire process of application is explained to take advantage of this scheme. You can download the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming application form from the official website fardodisha.gov.in.
Benefits of Biofloc Tech Fish Farming
This scheme will promote high yielding improved fish farming in a small zone using biofloc technology. This biofloc tech fish farming scheme will empower the salaries of ranchers, businessmen and employed youth over a period of time through bio-floc cultivation. In this scheme, budgetary support of 40% for the general category and 60% budgetary support for SC / ST and women will be provided through DBT mode. Under this scheme, 540 unemployed teenagers/fishermen will get support and new innovation will progress in the state. Not only this, BFT will have an increased profitability of 300 kg/tank.
Subsidy for Bio-Floc Technology for Shrimp and Fish Farming
The unit cost of Biofloc Tech for shrimp and fisheries is given in the cost table for 2, 3 and 4 unit tanks.
|Unit cost for Bio-floc Technology for Shrimp and Fish Farming||Total Cost|
|2 Tanks as one unit||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|4 tanks as one unit||Rs. 3 lakh|
|6 tanks as one unit||Rs. 4 lakh|
In this scheme of the Odisha Government, 40% assistance for the general category, 60% for SC / ST and women beneficiary will be provided in DBT mode. The scheme will promote new technology in the state and provide livelihood support to 540 unemployed youth/fish farmers. For detailed information on Odisha Biofloc Fisheries Scheme – Click here
Bio-floc Technology for Intensive Shrimp and Fish Farming in Odisha by Fisheries & ARD [email protected]
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
To avail of the Bio-Flock Technology Fish Farming Scheme in Odisha, you will have to fulfil the eligibility criteria given.
- Freshwater fishermen, saltwater shrimp farmers (growing tanks, nurseries and seed tanks), fish and shrimp hatchery operators, private entrepreneurs can avail financial assistance by availing of the scheme.
- To give the benefit from this scheme, the Department of Animal Resources Development of Odisha will give priority to educated youth.
- Since Biofloc Tech Fish Farming is based on advanced technology, the beneficiary has to undergo special training on bio-floc before the unit can operate.
- Support will be provided in the form of bank-ended assistance for the installation of a bio-floc system inside a shed with PVC / tarpaulin tanks, water supply, drainage and aeration units.
- Applicants should have a license related to the Coastal Aquaculture Authority with saltwater shrimp farm/nursery and seed tank/hatchery beneficiaries.
Assistance will be provided to the beneficiaries according to the categories with minimum of 2 tanks and maximum of 6 tanks.
Required Documents for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
To take advantage of the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme, the following documents have to be attached with the application form.
- As Aadhaar Card Identification Document
- Photocopy of land document
- If the bank loan is already taken, then a letter of consent from the bank.
- Bank account number with A / C IFS code for DBT (photocopy)
Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2021 Application Form
All interested applicants who want to avail of the Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming scheme can download the PDF of the application form from the official website of the Odisha Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Department through the given easy steps.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the Odisha Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Department. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Schemes” tab in the menu and you have to click on the link “Fisheries Schemes” in the drop-down menu.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, here you can click on the “View” link in front of the “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-floc Technology during the year 2021” under the ” Brief Description of the Scheme” section.
- Odisha Biofloc Tech Fisheries Scheme PDF containing the detailed information of the scheme will open Direct link
- On the 6th page of this PDF file, you have the Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2021 application form. This PDF file is marked as “Annex 1“.
- Interested applicants should download this application form PDF and enter all the required details correctly. Here applicants have to fill name, farm/hatchery name, address, CAA license no, saltwater farm/shrimp hatchery, mobile no, age, educational qualification, whether employed or unemployed, Aadhaar card, bank details etc.
The application form along with the above-required documents has to be submitted to the concerned District Fisheries Officer through hard copy or email. Application forms can also be submitted online to the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack via email: [email protected]
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?