The Patent Support Scheme is a program that was created by the Government of Kerala as part of the Kerala Startup Mission. Under this program, businesses and student entrepreneurs who are successful in obtaining a patent are eligible to receive financial assistance. The Kerala Startup Mission, which is the government’s focal organization for entrepreneurship development and incubation operations in the state, is in charge of carrying out the Patent Support Scheme, which goes by its full name: the KSUM Patent Support Scheme. In today’s article, we will cover this scheme and all the latest news regarding it.
KSUM Patent Support Scheme Overview
|Scheme Name||Kerala Patent Support Scheme|
|Scheme launched by||Kerala State Govt.|
|Objectives||Provide Support for patents|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Kerala|
Kerala Patent Support Scheme
The new program is primarily intended for participants who are residents of Kerala. The Patent Support System proposes to help startup entrepreneurs and student entrepreneurs by providing reimbursement for the cost of obtaining a patent, which will include the consultation fee, up to a maximum of Rs. 2 lakh for each Indian patent that is granted. Up to Rs. 10 lakh will be refunded for successfully prosecuted applications for foreign patents in a single area of interest. The filing, prosecution, and awarding of the reimbursement will each be done in three steps.
Through the KSUM site, entrepreneurs and student innovators that are qualified to participate may submit their applications online. On each of the days, registration will be available. The applications that are submitted before the 20th of each month will be processed within that same month; however, the applications that are received after the 20th will be carried forward to the next month to be handled.
Kerala Patent Support Scheme objectives
A Kerala Patent Support Program to reimburse the costs incurred by startups and students in order to obtain national and international patents for their inventions has been announced by the government of the state of Kerala in an effort to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in the state. This move is part of a broader initiative in Kerala to foster a culture of innovation and creative problem-solving. The program, which will cover all patent applications submitted via registered patent lawyers after November 9, 2015, intends to stimulate entrepreneurship and innovation by making use of the great facilities and support that are available in the state.
Kerala Patent Support Scheme Benefits
- The first and most important advantage of the program is that it offers Rs. 2 Lakhs for each Indian Patent and Rs. 10 Lakhs for each International Patent.
- Provisional Patents Filings, Patent Search, Drafting, and Filings, Claims Preparations, Fast tracking Fees, Claims prosecutions and Granting Activities of Prosecution against Appellate Authorities who have already rejected your claims due to Valid reasons are not covered by this service. Neither are Patent Renewals.
- The only kind of intellectual property right that is supported under the plan is patented, not copyrights, trademarks, or anything else.
KSUM Patent Support Scheme Eligibility
- First is the date: Only patent applications that were submitted after November 9th, 2015 will be taken into consideration.
- In the case of a new business, the proprietorship or limited liability partnership form of legal structure should be used.
- Innovators are excluded from the programs.
- Student entrepreneurs may apply for patent funding directly via their IEDCs if they meet the requirements.
- The new company has to be registered in Kerala within ten years of the date it was incorporated, and it has to have both a DIPP and a Udyog Aadhar number.
- Only those students who are actively pursuing their academic goals will be eligible to receive financial assistance.
- The program does not provide financial assistance for patent renewals
- The program doesn’t pay for legal actions against judicial review authorities that have ruled against a person’s patent claims in the past.
Kerala Patent Support Scheme Documents for Startups
- Original invoice and receipt in paper form.
- Original Bank Statement that shows how much was sent.
- A short summary of the ideas or claims that are being patented.
- Copy of the certificate for a provisional patent.
- If you get a patent, you will get a patent certificate.
- Changes, copies of the patent application, early publication, early review, and early publication.
- Details about proof of residence
- Documents for starting a business
- A copy of the assigning and assignor agreement, if there is one.
- If the original inventor gives technology to the startup, the startup needs a NOC from the original inventor to cover the cost of the patent.
- If the patent is filed before the company is formed or registered, the costs of the patent are paid back to startups that use the filed patent idea or technology to build their business.
Kerala Patent Support Scheme Documents for Students
- An original hard copy of the invoice and receipt for the consultation fees, and IPR fees with the seal and signature of IPR India.
- The original bank statement, which includes the money transfer statement attested.
- A letter of recommendation from the IEDC attesting to the project’s validity.
- A concise summary of the patent-applicable concepts or claims A copy of the provisional patent certificate if any.
- Patent certificate, in the event, that a patent is obtained.
- Copies of the patent application, early publication, early examination, amendments to the original application, or a receipt from IPR.
- Details of Residence Proof.
- A letter from the college, signed by the principal or another person of similar authority, attesting that the applicant is presently enrolled at the school.
- The project’s future ambitions.
Application Procedure for KSUM Patent Support Scheme
- In order to register please visit the official website.
- Click on apply here option
- A new page will appear.
- You will be prompted to log in with KSUM, Startup India.
- After successfully logging in a step, a form will appear and you have to enter all details asked.
- Finally, click the submit button to complete the process.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?