The government developed several sponsored pension systems to aid people in accumulating retirement funds to promote financial independence after retirement. The annual Jeevan Pramaan, a certificate of evidence of life, must be submitted to the pension disbursing agency (PDA) by pensioners of the central government, state government, or any other government organization to continue receiving pensions. Read below to get detailed information related to the Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners like highlights, objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, working process, registration process, the application process, and much more.
Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Highlights
|Introduced by||Government of India|
|Objective||Obtaining a life certificate online|
About Jeevan Pramaan Patra
The Digital Life Certificate of the Government of India’s Pension Scheme is called a Jeevan Pramaan Certificate. It is a biometric authentication system supporting an Aadhaar-based digital service for pensioners that also provides the option for pensioners to submit Life Certificates. It works to make obtaining a life certificate simpler, faster, and less complicated.
Pensioners must submit their life certificates, or Jeevan Pramaan Patra, in November of each year. Senior retirees 80 years of age and beyond, however, now have more time to submit their credentials starting on October 1 thanks to a new extension from the national government. Using the doorstep banking alliance of 12 public sector banks or the postal department’s doorstep service, retirees can submit their life certificates, according to a circular released by the department of pension and pensioners welfare
Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Objective
Obtaining a life certificate or appearing before the pension disbursement office used to be a time-consuming and difficult process, especially for the elderly and infirm. The Indian government digitalized the entire pension disbursement procedure through the Digital Life Certificate as it is known in India, to remove the inconveniences associated with this process. A life certificate of this kind serves as evidence of their existence for pension purposes.
Life Certificate for Pensioners Benefits
Some of the key benefits of a Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners are as follows:
- The Aadhaar Biometric Authentication System’s functionality eradicates the possibility of pension fraud.
- The submission of a Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners is made simpler by Jeevan Pramaan.
- It is simple and practical to access Jeevan Pramaan online and complete the authentication process.
- A Jeevan Pramaan pensioner is informed by SMS when a certificate is generated.
- The simplicity of obtaining life certificates online speeds up the process of processing pensions and ensures that Jeevan Pramaan pensioners receive their payments on time.
Working Process of Jeevan Pramaan
- As a digital effort, the Jeevan Pramaan certificate does not require pensioners to appear in person at a certification authority or disbursement institution.
- After the authentication procedure is successful, it leverages the Aadhaar platform to start the process of generating the Digital Life Certificate.
- This technique is secure and simple because users only need to submit their biometric data either through their fingerprint or iris to obtain authentication.
- After the authentication is finished, the Life Certificate of a pensioner can be accessed immediately at the Life Certificate Repository, where it was initially kept, by pension disbursing organizations.
- On their mobile number, people will get an SMS acknowledgment as a confirmation. Their Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID would be included in the SMS.
- The Jeevan Pramaan Life Certificate is kept in the “Life Certificate Repository,” making it accessible to both pensioners and their respective pension disbursing agencies at any time and from any location.
- Jeevan Pramaan pensioners can also take advantage of the option to have their life certificate automatically forwarded to the organization responsible for disbursing their pension.
- They can also find the closest center to them by using the “center locator” on the Jeevan Pramaan website.
Jeevan Pramaan Beneficiaries
This digital facility will be useful to people who get a pension from the state government, the federal government, or another governmental entity. With the certificate, they can establish their existence without having to go before a Pension Disbursement agency because it is recognized by the IT Act.
Digital Life Certificate Eligibility Criteria
Anyone who meets the requirements below is qualified to receive the Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners:
- Applicants must be retired people.
- The applicants must be Central or State Government retirees.
- Candidates must have a current Aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar numbers for applicants must be registered with the appropriate pension disbursement organization.
Required Documents for the Jeevan Pramaan Patra
A pensioner would need several important documents to create a Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners, an online digital life certificate.
- Aadhaar number
- An active, registered mobile number
- You must first register with the government’s Jeevan Pramaan portal to create Jeevan Pramaan Patra online.
How to Submit Jeevan Pramaan Online
To submit Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, install the official Jeevan Pramaan App to generate a Jeevan Pramaan Patra online
- After successful installation of the app, open the app
- Now, click on the Register as a New User option
- The registration form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like your name, Aadhaar number, bank account number, pension payment order (PPO), and other personal data.
- After that, click on the send OTP button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP to confirm it with your Aadhaar
- Finally, click on the submit button to generate a Pramaan ID after the validation is finished
Steps to Apply for Jeevan Pramaan Patra Online
To apply for Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Online, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- The pensioner must connect to the app using a different OTP after the Pramaan ID has been generated.
- Select Generate Jeevan Pramaan option
- Now, enter your mobile and Aadhaar numbers
- After that, click on the Generate OTP option
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP for verification
- Now, enter the PPO number, the name of the disbursing organization, your name, etc
- Verify the user’s fingerprint and iris using the Aadhaar data
- After successful verification, the Jeevan Pramaan will open on your screen
- Finally, the pensioner will get a confirmation SMS to the registered cellphone number.
For any other query related to Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners, feel free to contact us at the below-given details:
Phone Number: 1800 111 555
E-Mail id: [email protected]
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?